Friday, February 4, 2011

Wallpaper...will the next owners of our house hate me?

I don't know about you, but I am loving wallpaper right now.  There are so many gorgeous and luxurious styles....

Photobucket
via Elements of Style

Photobucket
via Anthro

Photobucket
via Caitlin Wilson Design Files

The possibilities are endless with what you could do.  Everyone from Target  to Schumacher has gorgeous versions to choose from...from murals to trellis to damask. 
 
My only problem is remembering the hours and hours I spent taking off the country blue floral wallpaper from most of our home.  I'm looking at redoing our office so maybe a focal wall of wallpaper or even a wallpaper-type stencil would be better.

What do you think?  Have you tried a stencil or the easier to put up and remove wallpapers?  I'd love to hear what you've tried!

3 comments:

  1. I think there is some beautiful wallpaper out there. So dramatic and elegant. Go for it. The next homeowners can painstakingly take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the first wallpaper! I want to see it on your house. I bet it is gorgeous! I secretly love wallpaper also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats the SMELL of wallpaper. ( : As long as you prep the wall correctly, it should come right down when the time comes. I've done my share of wallpapering. Fun!

    ReplyDelete