Thursday, June 9, 2011

Come and knock on my door...

Don't you LOVE a good front door on a house??  I'm one of those crazy people that could look at houses all day and sometimes you just see a door that makes the entire house and I love that.  I don't know if I'm gutsy enough to try some of these colors, but I love how this one little piece of the puzzle can just complete it when done well.  Some faves....
{via}



{via}

{via}
{via}

{via}
{via}


{via}




The last one is all about the design, but most of the others the color is what drew me in.  Love all these and how they make their surroundings more beautiful...behind security, don't you think that may be the front door's most important job??

Mine currently is kind of a muted brick red....but looking at these has made me wish for something with a little more glass and pizzazz.  What about you....have y'all bravely taken this step before me??

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree, especially when looking at doors that are hundreds if not thousands of years old...loved doing this when I studied abroad in Italy!! I LOVE THE ARCHITECTURE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love painted front doors!! I think glass is better but just not practical...who really wants to answer your door anyway?

    You really need to drive by and give me some ideas to paint the house. Honestly, the house is dookie brown color. Since we have decided not to move, we need to spruce up the color and landscaping. Any ideas, Ms. Fabulous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of a knock out front door. I have found quite a few lime greens that I love, which I am shocked about. But I love, love the first turquoise door you showcased, stunning. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete